ROAD TO COLLEGE FREE CLINICS
Road to College Clinics are free workshops geared to inform and support undocumented youth, children with undocumented parents and all youth regardless of immigration status with their college application process while providing them with skills to become their own advocates when navigating the education system. The clinics are FREE & OPEN to the community. For any further questions feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION ABOUT IN-STATE TUITION in NEW YORK
Undocumented students who reside in New York may be eligible to pay the NY resident tuition rate as long as they fulfill one of the following requirements:
- They were enrolled in CUNY for the Fall 2001 semester, and qualified for in-state tuition at that time; or
- They attended a New York State high school for two or more years, graduated, and applied to attend a CUNY institution within five years of receiving a New York State diploma; or
- They attended an approved New York State program for the General Educational Development (GED) exam preparation, received a GED from New York State, and applied to attend a CUNY institution within five years of receiving the New York State GED. GED holders who graduated from High School either in the United States or overseas are not eligible for this benefit.
Once you are accepted to college, to get in-state tuition, undocumented immigrants must file a Residency Form, which includes an affidavit stating that they have applied to legalize their status, OR that they will apply to do so as soon as they are eligible. Ask your college for a residency form.
- In-State Tuition and Unauthorized Immigrant Students
- Who is eligible to pay In- State tuition at CUNY
- Who is eligible to pay In-State tuition at SUNY
- CUNY Residency Form
COLLEGE ADMISSION AND POST GRADUATION