The New York Collective of Radical Educators (NYCoRE) is a group of public school educators committed to fighting for social justice in our school system and society at large, by organizing and mobilizing teachers, developing curriculum, and working with community, parent, and student organizations. This year they are once again offering an opportunity for teachers to build community and develop as activists. Educators will participate in Inquiry to Action Groups (ItAGs) linking social justice issues with classroom practice. Small groups will meet weekly (for a total of six, two-hour sessions plus a kick-off and possible conference workshop) between January and March.
This year’s ItAGs:
1. Mindfulness in Teaching and Action: Building a Radical Practice
2. Critically Unpacking Race with Educators of Color
3. Beyond Scores, Ranks & Rubrics: Re-imagining Teacher Evaluation
4. Migration is Beautiful: Empowering Undocumented Students to Advocate for Themselves (Facilitated by NYSYLC and NYCoRE members!)
5. Engaged Pedagogy: Building Emotionally Responsive Practices into our Classrooms
Registration ends in JANUARY 21ST. Make sure to save your spot!! Visit 2014 ItAG Eventbrite Registration to register today! If you have any questions, e-mail email@example.com.