Online organizing used actively can spread our message in support of the youth movement and immigrant rights widely and rapidly. Here are some ways you can get active online for the NY Dream Act!
GET ACTIVE ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKS and EMAIL!
2.Copy + Paste! : Most email, facebook, myspace and other online communication lies in the power of copy & paste, make your life easier and learn these shortcuts, if you don’t already use them! Ctrl + C (Copy) Ctrl + V (Paste)
3. Spice it up with a catchy subject line! Make me curious, interested! Personalize it if possible!
4. Use social media networks to spread the message! Change your status on facebook, my space, twitter, etc to something related to the NY Dream Act like this “I support the NY Dream Act!” “Get involved! Support immigrant youth by calling your reps and asking them to sponsor the NY Dream Act and paste this message on your status”
Also, you can post the information of events and actions happening in support of the NY Dream Act as your status.
5. Spread the information in support through email! Remove FWD in subject line. No one likes to be seconds, and chances are less people will read your message. Not only are 4 million emails before the actual message annoying but may also violate others’ privacy.
Paste the email address on the BCC line, which hides all the parties your are sending your message to.
5. Stick to the following ‘Sender Guidelines’:
- To: Primary recipients
- Cc: Carbon copy to secondary recipients—other interested parties
- Bcc: Blind carbon copy to recipients who receive the message without others seeing who else received it!
6. Let others know about the NY DREAM Act: Direct them to a site or inform them on an action they can take with your email signature.
- Log onto your e-mail domain and go to the Settings/Preferences section and add your message.
7. Insert images! Upload your image(s) in Photobucket, Imageshack or any other image hosting site and then just copy them into the body of your e-mail!
- Make a free account at: photobucket.com or imageshack.com
8. For a more specific, personalized invitation, you can use Evite ! Evite gives you access to free invitation and event planning tools
- Make an account at Evite.com
- Log in, Create design or choose a template, enter the event details and send. Watch your guests respond! Might be useful for gatherings, a special DREAM event