Every year thousands of undocumented youth graduate from New York high schools and face an uncertain future because of their immigration status. For years the federal government has failed our communities by refusing to pass the DREAM Act.
JOINS US for a whole week of action to raise awareness about the New York DREAM Act(NYDA), a bill that has been introduced in the legislature and would grant access to state financial aid for undocumented students. It’s time for New York State to act and pass the New York DREAM Act.
- MONDAY, Feb 13th: Update your Facebook status, Twitter, Tumblr etc and show your support ONLINE for NYDA. Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on your updates! This is our twitter, tumblr and facebook.
- TUESDAY, Feb 14th: Show your love for the NYDA and wear your NYDA T-SHIRT! Take a picture of yourself wearing the t-shirt and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org OR tweet it @NYDREAMAct OR tag us on Facebook @NYDREAMAct Buy shirt here
- WEDNESDAY, Feb 15th: CALL and COLLECT PETITIONS for the NYDA! Make sure to call your representatives in Albany, get your friends to do the same, and then go out to collect petitions. You can find the petition here.
- THURSDAY, Feb 16th: REGISTER people for the ALBANY DAY OF ACTION on March 6th! If you will be taking your own transportation use this day as a fundraiser to help offset the costs.
- FRIDAY, Feb 17th: RALLY POSTPONED.
for more information please contact email@example.com