NYSYLC’s MENTORING PROGRAM FOR IMMIGRANT YOUTH
The NYSYLC’s Mentoring Program for Immigrant Youth will help high school juniors and seniors navigate through the college application process and transition successfully into college. Through peer mentoring and workshops, we will guide immigrant youth in reaching their college aspirations by providing resources and linking high school students with peer mentors who have successfully enrolled in college and will act as guides through this challenging process.
This is a free, year-long program that was created by and for immigrant youth because we understand the challenges and obstacles that exist in successfully enrolling and attending college. We believe everyone should have the right and resources to access higher education, regardless of immigration status. You must be able to attend 2 College Application Clinics on Wednesday January 19th and January 26th and monthly workshops from February through November 2011 as well as constant communication with your mentor to check on the progress of your college application process.
TO APPLY, You must:
- Be a High school junior or senior in NYC
- Desire to graduate from high school and attend college
- Be able to attend to attend 2 College Application Clinics in January and monthly workshops from February through November 2011
- Be committed to the Program goals and guidelines
- Preference will be given to immigrant youth, regardless of immigration status
- Fill out the Application by Sunday, January 16th 2011.