On June 23rd, 500 Dreamers from all over the country came to Washington, DC and brought their message of hope, education and service to our country to the offices of their congressional representatives. This time, as we are getting ready to go back to school, we are organizing the country to let everyone know that we must eliminate the barriers of education for undocumented students.
Please join the United We Dream Network and the NYSYLC in our national Back to School DREAM ACT Day of Action on SEPTEMBER 23, 2009
Wanna participate! Join us this Wednesday outside of Senator Schumer’s office
- WHEN: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3-5pm
- WHERE: Outside of Senator Schumer’s Office: 757 Third Avenue (Between 48th and 47th), NY, NY 3-5pm
- CONTACT: Call us if you are interested in joining us @ 212-627-2227 ext 248
· Sign the DREAM petition at dreamact2009.com! Forward it, link it, & spread the word to show support for the DREAM Act!
· Write a Facebook, MySpace or Twitter post to let your friends know about the Dream Act. Tag your friends and post it on your page! Also, do not forget to join our facebook group and follow us in twitter too!
· Change your Facebook, My Space, Twitter Icon, to a pass the Dream Act Now Button. Right Click on the Image Here to download it for the Day
ON THE PHONE:
· Call Your Rep! Don’t know who your rep is or if they’ve co-sponsored the DREAM Act already? Click here to find out who your rep is & check out our DREAM Rep Tracker!